Monday, December 12, 2011

Changing car insurance beneficiaries during a divorce?

IS IT TRUE THAT MY SOON-TO-BE EX HUSBAND CAN'T CHANGE OUR CAR INSURANCE POLICY UNTIL OUR DIVORCE IS FINAL??? I NEED HELP WITH THIS... IT SAYS THAT HE CANT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT IN THE SUMMONS THAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW LNG UNTIL HE CAN CHANGE IT BECAUSE HE IS TRYING TO CHANGE IT NOWChanging car insurance beneficiaries during a divorce?
I am confused by your question. Although I think what you are asking if changes can be made to your insurance policy by either your husband or yourself prior to your divorce. My advice is sit down with him and your insurance agent and discuss the changes that you guys would like made, hopefully , you have a good insurance agent and they can act as a sort of mediator so that you guys both get what you want. I am in the insurance business and this is what I would try to do to help our cutomers.Changing car insurance beneficiaries during a divorce?
Call the car insurance and ask them, inform them of what he's trying to do.
Its a confusing question.

Is your ex canceling your insurance?

Is it costing you money?

Is it leaving you without insurance?



If it doesn't affect you I doubt its very important unless the above questions are a ';yes';.



If they are a ';no';, I don't see what the issue is.

After your divorced you'll both have your own anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment