Monday, December 12, 2011

I just got oil change for car. I put Max Life Full Synthetic in it. How far can I go on it?

I own a 2001 Volkswagen GLX 2.8 Liter Engine and have 108,000 miles on it. The Valvoline place tells me to come back in 3,000 miles but I know I can go longer. How many miles could I realisticly go before I get another oil change. ThanksI just got oil change for car. I put Max Life Full Synthetic in it. How far can I go on it?
...i usually go about 4000 miles in my '98 isuzu amigo before changing mine... check it often after the 3000 miles...as long as it doesn't look horribly filthy you can wait a bit before the next change!!!



i just changed mine last week with the same oil as you!!!

...did you get the do it yourself oil change deal at advance auto parts??? lolI just got oil change for car. I put Max Life Full Synthetic in it. How far can I go on it?
Split the difference and go 4000 miles per oil change
Until the bottle is empty
Try 6,000 miles or 4 months, which ever comes first.
It shold tell you the diffrent service intervals and the diffrent weights of oil for your car i recomend any mobil products. they are the best. look in your owensers manual. it will tell you there.
Up to 30,000 miles.

I myself believe 10,000 is more than enough.
The safest bet is to go to a parts store and check a bottle of the oil itself and follow reccomended guides by the oil company. But you can go longer as long as the oil appears to be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment