Monday, December 12, 2011

How can I change my car plate number in M'sia?

I’ve got a Pesekutuan plate; I want to change to starting with the Letter S. How do I go about it?



Do Malaysia allow red color number plate? with 3 alphabets %26amp; 2 digits?



Additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.How can I change my car plate number in M'sia?
Normally, to change your car to a new number plate, you need to buy a unregistered car(usually new), register it with the new number, then transfer the new number to your old car....the new car is then registered with the old number (both new and old cars must be in the name of the same owner)......you can then sell the new car (with the old number) by transfer of name to a new owner.....



Special number plates are usually not allowed, but sometimes allowed for special occasions but with conditions and a high fee. Consult the JPJ....How can I change my car plate number in M'sia?
For a start, you need to go to Road Transport Department (JPJ) and consult them. They will explain to you what is legal and which is illegal.



You may also inquire through email of seek advice via the telephone (through your nearest JPJ office)



http://portal.jpj.gov.my/v5/index.php/en…



But your 2nd question about the red colour, I think they won't allow you since the specification has specified that all plate number should be follow as desribed:

3 forms of vehicle registration number plate are allowed

1. White letters and numerals fixed or embossed on a black frame.

2. White letters and numerals fixed or embossed on a red frame for vehicles belonging to embassies, UN and the International Natural Rubber Association.

3. Black letters and numerals fixed or embossed on a white frame for taxis or hired cars.



No other colours is allowed since it would be an offense to do so.

You can check the RTD portal for more info:

http://portal.jpj.gov.my/v5/



Hotline

03 -88884244 Monday to Friday 7.30 am-5.30pm
screwdriver...
ok.. screw you Bean... you know that plate number in Malaysia doesn't need a screw. They are using glue! special glue. maybe you can ask the mechanic.. send your car to the workshop. they know how to change it.
danny bah juga yg paling tau suma tu...
Letter S?

I thought that's Singaporean car?

1 comment:

DR AQ said...

Very nice post for sharing everyone.Buy Car Plates

Post a Comment