Monday, December 12, 2011

How To change my car's Transmission?

I have a Nissan Maxima 2000 stick shift! I want to change the transmission and I want to replace it myself instead of having someone else to fix it. Does anyone know how to change it with a source???How To change my car's Transmission?
http://www.ehow.com/how_2305955_change-tHow To change my car's Transmission?
YOU ARE GONNA NEED A FEW POWER TOOLS A JACKSTAND AND PLENTY OF PATIENCE.
take out the axles and the driver's side strut to give you more room when you unbolt the trans and slide it out. install trans and parts in reverse order. you could get a Haynes or Chilton repair manual but you can do the job without one.
you will need a hydraulic jack, and tools. you can drop it the other way but it,s better if you drop the sub frame, place a jack under the transmission, unhook the linkage, all sensors, pull the axles, unbolt the bell housing and pull the transmission back and drop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment