Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am relocating to Michigan from Canada. How to change my car plate from Canadian to Michigan's?

Should I register it at the border? Any special document I should have? It's a 2006 car.



Thank youI am relocating to Michigan from Canada. How to change my car plate from Canadian to Michigan's?
I believe you'll just need to go to the DMV (department of motor vehicles) in the county you'll be living in. You might need to take a written test to get a drivers lisence and registration, your new residence also needs to be reported to your insurance company...if you're not going to be in the US for more than 6 months you may not have to register the vehicle in the US, just simply declare your length of stay at the border. The border may have more info for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment