Sunday, November 21, 2010

If someone stole a copy of my car keys, what should I do? Can I change my car key type?

I have no idea whether it's as easy to change a key for a car as it is to change a door. But it seems a lot more expensive (do you know how much?).If someone stole a copy of my car keys, what should I do? Can I change my car key type?
With out knowing the year make and model of your car its hard to say. It could cost as little as having your lock cylinders re-keyed and getting new keys (about $3-400) on an older car. To as much as replacing the theft deterrent module on a newer car to the tune of around $1000 dollars. Bottom line if your just worried about the car being stolen buy a club or othe anti theft device if your worried about stuff being stolen out of the car just don't keep anything in there.If someone stole a copy of my car keys, what should I do? Can I change my car key type?
that happened to me on my Nissan and i ordered all nee door locks as well as new ignition switch and keys from a dealer total cost was about 170 bucks but it assured me that no one else had a key to it,that may be your only option on this one,they even came back after i changed the locks and still tried to steal mine,but they did get caught doing it,yo can order a matching set from a dealer for any car now days,good luck with it.
You can go to an auto parts store and buy new door locks and an ignition switch for most vehicles.
Unless you have the address tagged to your key, nobody would know what and where the key belongs to.





Good Luck...

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

You can go to an auto parts store and buy new door locks and an ignition switch for most vehicles. locksmith in noblesville indiana

Post a Comment